Friday, November 7, 2008

Complaints...

I’ve got a sore throat and cold for the first time in Germany. I hate it. I feel all drowsy, tired and sleepy and I have so many documents to read and so many decisions to take at work!! Somehow, a cold gets me down more than a fever or a sprain or something like that.

Germany is a very procedure oriented country. Nothing seems simple out here. Even my German friends and colleagues keep complaining about it; and especially if you don’t know the language, you’re done for. All official communication is in German and there is at least one a week. For example, my insurance company sends me a form to fill. I have no clue on what to do. I tried going to Google, typed out the whole thing, translated it and figured out at the end that I really don’t know how to answer what they’ve asked. While this maybe a one-off case, and generally if I translate, I should be able to respond with something. However, it just seems simpler to go to their office and talk to the nice English-speaking gentleman and get it sorted out. So the weekend begins with a trip to the insurance company.

Next week is going to be long and hectic at work. Just hope the medicines start doing the work their supposed to on my UC. I’m losing weight by the day and it doesn’t help at all to see so much blood go from your body!! Note to self: live with it and fight through - a better day will come!

No comments: